Thursday 13 January 2011

Day 6 - Hump Day

Wednesday is always an interesting day, I reflect about what I still need to do in the week and what I've achieved so far. Even thought this is only day 6 of my 365 challenge I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far and I'd already started thinking about what I was going to cook today last night.  My mind was running through all the things I had in the fridge and freezer in an attempt to try and last an entire week without a trip to my local store. Last year I all too quickly rushed out to get new ingredients for recipes I wanted to try out but found that half the time I only used part of what I bought and then it would go off.  This year I'm trying to recycle what I may have used in one dish for another but try and make them as different as I can.

Therefore tonight's supper will consist mainly of prawns, aubergine & spring onions.  I have all the usual staples I can add such as garlic, chilli, ginger, soy sauce and stock.  I also thought since I now have a partly used jar of harrisa which has a use by date of 5 days and counting I would lob that in too, should give it a little more of a kick.  I'm going to wok all this little lot together and pop it on top of some steamed jasmine rice. At the moment this all sounds like a good plan.  I'm sure other ingredients will make it in while I'm cooking but thats my starting point.

The finished product turned out well but had a substantial kick to it so I added a couple of teaspoons of creme fraiche just to take a little heat out of it.  Tasted good!

Prawn & Aubergine Stir Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment