Monday 24 January 2011

Day 18 - Monday Blues

It's Monday and the start of a brand new week.  This only means one thing, a whole week of job finding... this does not inspire.  The day started as it normally does with a Wii Active session - only 5 more sessions to complete the 30 day challenge but I'm not sure what I will have achieved by the end of it as I'm not sure I feel fitter.  Hmm.

Food to be honest wasn't top of my priorities today but in an attempt to gee myself up I made plans to create a creamy bacon & pea risotto for dinner. However, when Gerry arrived home and asked if I wanted to go out. I'd said earlier in the month that I wanted to be more spontaneous and this seemed like a good place to start, even more so as it was her very welcome suggestion. We headed to Banana Tree, a small and very popular Thai restaurant near our house.  It was quick and flavoursome and being early birds we benefited from their Express Menu special deal. I opted for Thai fish cakes with a sweet chilli sauce followed by a chicken Pad Thai.  Being little dare devils we also had a Chang beer to wash it all down.

Then it was back home to feast on popcorn and watch The Girl Who Played with Fire. I loved the books and the film does it justice.  However, Gerry is not a particular fan of the actor, Michael Nyqvist, who plays one of the film's leads, Mikael Blomkvist. I actually think he is well cast, although when I read the books I envisaged him being a little better looking. We munched on one of Gerry's favourite corn snacks, popcorn and it's actually the only picture I have of food from the day so it is therefore shown below. It was lovely and buttery and I could feel it sticking to my hips immediately. A nice end to a day that didn't start nearly as promising and I was very much looking forward to our coastal adventure the next day.

Movie Snack held by tattoo adorned other half

No comments:

Post a Comment