Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day 20 - Wet Wednesday

Food was the first thing on my mind when I woke today. After a few drinks I definitely had the munchies. Breakfast was served downstairs and we chose quickly. I went for Eggs Benedict with bacon. It was extremely yummy but slight overkill with the hollandaise sauce. I had to set up a toast barrier to curb it's creep across my plate. Gerry went for the vegetarian breakfast and said it was yummy. It was paired with copious tea, coffee and juice and had the appetite I could have sampled fresh pastries and yoghurts. I do love the staff at Hotel Una because they do a real stand-up job!

After breakfast we took a little trip up to The Lanes to have a wander, Gerry desperately trying to stay out of the many funky clothing shops that adorn the streets. In my hunt for a bag I dragged Gerry into TK Maxx. I bought the Man's Bag from that particular branch 5 years ago and I wanted to see if it could come up trumps again. Bingo! I purchased a brilliant Mandarina Duck bag with an RRP price of £185 for a bargain £50! I think I'm in love with it.  It is slightly bigger than the Man's bag though so I don't think that the MB's is totally out of the game just yet. I also picked up a smaller bag form Rowallan's. I do like it but I'm still deciding whether its a keeper or returner. Hmm decisions, decisions.

Seeing as breakfast filled us up quite a lot we abandoned our sushi lunch plans and started back to London. With the rain setting in, it seemed the right time to go. See you soon Brighton, probably on a Thursday!  We made good time up to London and after a round about way of getting home we settled in on the sofa with bowls of homemade hot pea soup.

Pea & Mint Soup

It was just enough to last us until dinner and what else but sushi of course.  It was quick and easier after a busy couple of days and simply delicious. I think Eat Sushi is fast becoming one of my favourites.

To round off an enjoyable couple of days we watched Pan's Labyrinth. We've not watched it for around 4 years so I was just about ready to see it again but boy did I forget quite how graphic and at times pretty scary it is! I think the acting is superb and the director, Guillermo del Toro gets the tone of the film spot on. He really does pull you into the story and you forget that you have to read subtitles. I think the last 3 films that we have watched together are foreign language films and it makes me remember what talent is out there aside from the standard American and British offerings.

Anyway, off to bed now. It's been a good couple of days.  I think it's good to get away for a little while, if only for the night, it's just unfortunate that when you come home the troubles you tried to escape are probably still waiting.

Favourite View in Brighton

1 comment:

  1. I love the pea and mint soup; I think I'll make it today.:)

    ReplyDelete