Sunday 30 January 2011

Day 24 - Super Fit Sunday

Today I have been overly energetic and weirdly not as hungry as I supposed I should be.  I skipped breakfast to fit in my Wii Active session before I was due to head up to the gym with my little sis.  It would be our first session!  Well this was the plan, it was all going fine up until my little sis had car troubles which set us back an hour or so.  However, she got here in the end and we walked to the gym.  We only joined today so it was impressive that we were able to go immediately - big up to The Gym Group. We did a good little workout of 45mins cardio on the running machine, cross trainer and rowing machine and 30mins on the various weight and toning machines before laughing at our attempt to do sit-ups with a medicine ball.  It works the stomach I can tell you!  It was a good session to ease ourselves into the whole process and one of many to come I hope!  It's very good to spend a little time with family and I love the fact that A lives so close at the moment.

Gym over I headed home as the stomach was getting fairly famished since it was now around 3pm.  I stopped for a sushi hit from the supermarket.  I know it's not good sushi in any respect but a little guilty pleasure of mine that I indulge in from time to time. Especially if it is adorned by a little yellow sticker...

Anyway, real food was needed but sweet potatoes were done and dusted so I had a little left over veggie moussaka and small baked potato with salad. It hit the spot but not the sweet tooth so I followed it with a scoop of Carte D'Or ice cream and Leibniz chocolate biscuit.  This little concoction comes in at only 100 calories so it's great for my frequent after-dinner sweet craving.

I then settled in to watching 20 episodes of a show I'm interviewing for on Tuesday.  I made copious notes and a little excel spreadsheet and at 8pm I was very thankful to be finished.  A little more brushing up and collating everything tomorrow and I should be fully prepared.  However, because of all this work I've not thought about dinner.  Actually that's a bit of a fib I have thought about it but at the moment a Pea Risotto with Bacon isn't exciting me.  Not sure what to do. Gerry is back from work in around 30mins and may well have eaten already so it seems it might just be a bacon sandwich or something.  Not the satisfying food I normally have on a Sunday I know and I do feel slightly disappointed by the lack of something to look forward to...

Gerry arrived home, not fed, so I threw some noodles, veg and chicken in a pan for a 'street-food' style Thai stir fry, my version of Kway Teow Mae.  I threw in some sliced red bird's eye chilli, chicken,  few prawns, crushed garlic, some beansprouts, flat noodles and some soy sauce.  I fried this all up in a wok with a little groundnut oil, garnished it with a lime and Bob's your uncle all done. Quick, easy and delicious.

Thai Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment