Friday 28 January 2011

Day 22 - New Things

I had a new(ish) experience today, something I've not experienced in quite a while. I had an interview and if I'm honest I'm not too sure how well it went. I'm normally pretty critical of myself in these instances, not helped by the fact my interviewer didn't elude to whether she liked me or not.  I do want the job, it sounds like a challenge and would keep me occupied until at least April if not a little longer.  I've not had an interview for such a long time because in my industry jobs seem to come along by word of mouth and then you are in for a quick chat and the job is yours.  This was a much more serious affair, albeit with a lovely lady. She asked me my strengths and weaknesses, where did I see myself in 3 years time - in TV this could seriously be anywhere!  Hindsight of course is a wonderful thing and you can always look back and wish you'd done something differently but in the moment it just didn't occur. Still I gave my best shot, regretted a few things but overall I got across, I think, what I was about. Will have to wait and see.  If I don't get it I guess it's fate.
**Stop the press, I've just got a phone call for a second Interview.  Need to come up with a casting strategy for the show.  Well that's my weekend planned out then, watching everything I can about the show and making notes! Watch this space to congratulate or commiserate!**

Anyway, after I left the interview I headed to do a little retail therapy, despite the fact I am not gainfully employed.  Why do I always feel like shopping when I shouldn't? I only went to two shops, which should have diminished the possibilities of me spending anything but this was not the case.  However, since I purchased several new lovely items, I deemed it a success but I think certain things might need to go back if my bank balance is to survive until February.

I then headed for coffee with my good friend V.  She is an adorable young lady and we always, to quote her, 'talk the hind legs off a donkey' when we are together.  She was managing to squeeze me in before she went to work, so I was a very luckily girl.  We went to a new coffee/juice bar I'd not been to before, Joe & The Juice.  The young staff are pretty energetic and the place had a good vibe.  I don't think it's the place to linger, especially since many of the available seats are stools.  These days I need a back with my chair! However, we were lucky enough, after a bit of table hopping, to snag a small sofa which was perfect.  We ignored the mass array of smoothies and juices on offer and went boringly for a latte and green tea. We are nothing if not adventurous in our drink intake.  We barely stopped for breath for almost 2 hours, with V offering some good sage advice and before I knew it, V was off to work.  We fast-paced it to her office and I set off home, lighter in heart.



I already knew what I was making for dinner, making good use of my leftover miso marinade.  I dunked a couple of salmon fillets in the marinade and popped in the fridge for a few hours.  I made a cucumber salad, combining thin cucumber ribbons, 2tsp rice wine vinegar, 1tsp vegetable oil and a pinch of sugar and served with plain jasmine rice.  Bon appetit!

Miso Salmon with Cucumber Salad & Jasmine Rice
Gerry also made a rather awesome mulled wine for a little tipple with dinner.  She really is the 'Mulled Wine Whisperer'! A cheap bottle of plonk turned delicious with cinnamon, an orange, a clove studded satsuma and lemon. Brilliant!

Mulled Wine with Supper

No comments:

Post a Comment