Tuesday 11 January 2011

Day 5 - Tuesday's Child is Full of Woe

Today I have been totally uninspired. Gerry made a lovely breakfast of fried rice before I busted some moves on the Wii. However, after the exertion and a long day yesterday I felt completely exhausted for the rest of the day.  The weather is grey and dull much like my mood. However, since it's only day 5 I thought I better rally and get my brain in gear. I had been planning to make Maple Chicken this evening, purely because I have a huge bottle of maple syrup which is sitting pretty in the fridge.  However, Gerry is working late tonight so I've changed tact. I'm going to make a North African inspired chicken and rice salad.  I bought a jar of harissa paste a while ago and every time I see it in the cupboard I say I'm going to use it the next night and never do. A salad should be quite simple and it means Gerry can also eat it when she gets home. 
I'm planning to marinate the chicken for around 30mins in the harissa paste with some creme fraiche, garlic, olive oil and mint (all ingredients I currently have in the fridge).  Then grill the chicken until done.  I'll do some jasmine rice tossed through with some sesame oil, chilli, cucumber and lime juice (again all ingredients I need to use up in the fridge so pretty perfect!).  We'll see how it turns out shall we!

It turned out like the picture below! I grilled the chicken for around 10mins or so until cooked through and then sliced up and served on a bed of the rice. It was yummy to say the least!


Meal in Progress
The Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment