Saturday 12 February 2011

Day 37 - Tree Time

Once again I failed to cook anything this evening and I'm worried it's becoming a little bit of a habit due to this working marlarky. I shall need to get back on things next week!

Instead, Gerry and I opted to eat out and after a tour around our local restaurants we hit an old faithful in Banana Tree. It always has a great buzzy atmosphere because it's so busy but this did mean we ended up sharing a table with another couple. I was slightly annoyed by this fact but once I'd had my first sip of white wine such thoughts ebbed away and we looked at the menu that I should probably know by heart by now. 

We ordered a starter to share of chicken satay with peanut sauce which is always a good shout. They give you a good plentiful portion, with chunks of cucumber and whole peanuts and the chicken is crispy and succulent. We polished this off quickly!
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
For our main courses, I went for something a little different to normal and chose a Thai salad with tilapia fish. They mistakenly served me a starter version of the salad,  which I obviously questioned and I ended up with the main course version for the price of  the starter - result! After the starter, I was starting to regret ordering something so healthy, fearing it would not be filling enough, especially since everyone around me had delicious looking stir fries and curries but I needn't have worried. The salad was actually really nice, plenty of fresh herbs, vegetables and chilli's with a light lemony dressing. The tilapia was lightly dusted in flour and spices and then fried and complemented the salad perfectly. I think I shall order it again! Gerry chose a noodle soup with chicken, which she said had a pretty tidy kick to it!

Thai Salad with Tilapia 
We had a good meal, I can't fault the food and my only gripe about tonight was again a slightly poor service. I understand it was busy but the lady serving us didn't even check that our food was ok and we had to flag down another waiter to change my salad for the correct size. Also, we weren't offered drink refills and honestly they could have got at least 2 more glasses of wine out of me, so their loss I suppose but my wallet's gain. It was a shame because now twice in a week I've had a meal out that was slightly marred by sloppy service. Can anyone recommend somewhere with the best service they ever received in London? I'm open to all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment