Wednesday 9 February 2011

Day 34 - Sun and Sushi

It was lovely and sunny today and things looked a little brighter. I skipped the gym because Gerry had the evening free, it would be our first together in what seemed quite a while. I had grand ambitions to cook something up but to be honest, this working malarky really takes it out of you. By the time I arrived home I was quite intent in ordering a fresh batch of sushi from our new favourite Eat Sushi. It was duly late as always, so I could perhaps start to go off the boil of this place. I ordered my usual of mixed sashimi and paired it with a salmon and tuna set.  Gerry went for a chicken katsu with miso soup.

Now normally I rave about this place but I think I might need to explore new venues for a while after today's offering. The sashimi was still the bees knees, fresh and plentiful with a good helping of shredded daikon. It is great value for money.


The rolls were ok, with nigiri rice soft but not falling apart but I felt the roll fillings could have been slightly more generous.  Perhaps I just miss having a helping of fresh ginger and wasabi too, I think packets are a very lazy offering.


Gerry's said her miso soup was nice if a little salty but her chicken katsu was very disappointing. The chicken itself looked and tasted like a cheap frozen and very thin breadcrumbed fillet and the curry sauce tasted full of additives and colouring. Being hungry she ate it part of it but it did not taste good. A disappointing offering from this restaurant as the noodles we have had before have been fairly high quality.

Overall, I felt a little disappointed about tonight and almost wished I'd got off my butt and cooked after all... or...perhaps it is just time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment